Wednesday, September 30, 2015

AN OUNCE OF PREVENTION IS WORTH A POUND OF CURE! TRUTH TO PREVENT COLD & FLU

 I know it’s been a while since you’ve heard from me, but it has been a crazy year so far!  Sorry for the long silence! 

So 2015 is the 3 rd year that we’ve offered a supplement special to help you survive through the cold & flu season.  I wanted to take time to update you on my personal journey to stay well during this time of year.  I have found that the old saying “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure” is definitely true if you want to stay well this time of year.

My last flu vaccine was in the fall of 2011.  At that time, I didn’t just choose to not get the vaccine.  I  implemented some other DAILY health measures including keeping my vitamin D, 25 hydroxy level between 65-100, taking Quercitin C 1000 mg daily, taking a probiotic, and taking either NOW Foods Air Defense or Vital Plan Immune Advantage (sadly no longer available) 2 capsules daily.

I was doing well with my health and only having my usual 1 cold per year.  Then, January 2013 happened.  I acquired, what I thought at the time, was my usual yearly cold.  Twenty-one days (!) later, when it finally ended, I realized that I needed to do more to boost my immune system if I wanted to stay well during the cold and flu season.  I never wanted to go through that again!  That’s when I remembered Ecological Formulas Monolaurin and started adding 2 capsules to my daily regimen.

And, I can honestly say, I haven’t had a cold or flu episode since.  Now, I think one of the keys to that success is consistent daily use.  But the other key is that, at even the first hint of a cold starting or if I’m around someone who is sick, then I bump up how much I take to 3 times a day for 2-3 days.  I’ve experienced the beginning signs of a cold multiple times but EVERY time I IMMEDIATELY bumped up my dosage and knocked it out usually within a day.

My body always gives me a sign that a cold is coming.  I still have my tonsils and they start to hurt and swell.  At the first instance of that pain, I bump to 3 times daily with my preventive supplements.  I don’t wait and see if it’s real or just my imagination. I don’t want to be sick, so why wait?

As with most preventive strategies and with natural remedies, consistency even when you feel good and quick action at the beginning of when you feel bad really does keep you healthy and whole.  The other major point with natural remedies is that they usually won’t hurt you even if you take more when you don’t actually need it.  That’s why I take more when I’m around someone who is sick or even if I think I might be starting to get sick.  Again, why wait and chance it?


So, anyway, that’s my 2 cents.  You know I’m all about preventing disease verses waiting until you get one to try and fix it.  I encourage you to do the same this cold and flu season.

No comments:

Post a Comment