Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Lindy Ford on Getting Your Energy Back!

I understand first hand how difficult life can be without energy. A few years ago I could barely drag myself out of bed each morning. Not only did I lack energy to live every day life, I also suffered from anxiety, panic attacks and depression. I already knew a lot about nutrition and health, but with the little (big emphasis on "little") energy and stamina I could muster up, I went on a quest to regain my health and energy. Six years later, with a lot of health detective work, I can honestly say that I enjoy the best energy of my life. 

Our energy levels are complicated. This seminar will help uncover habits that could be derailing our energy and ways to naturally increase it (no, Red Bull is not natural). This talk will be full of energy--I am never boring. We will cover hormones, blood sugar, foods, and supplements. The fine folks at Restore Health and Wellness Medical are sponsoring the event. This is a free community seminar. No products will be sold. 

Some background info on Lindy Ford:

Lindy Ford’s passion is helping people achieve greater freedom through nutrition and wellness. Lindy holds a degree in Nutritional Science and Dietetics from the University of Maryland, College Park. She also holds a degree in communications from Towson University. Lindy is a Registered Dietitian and Licensed Nutritionist.

Lindy’s experience includes developing and implementing a successful employee nutrition wellness program for a county Health Department in Maryland where she conducted individualized counseling and education. She has conducted nutrition wellness seminars and classes for a community nurses’ organization, local law enforcement, health department employees, health fairs, senior centers, community and church groups and professional business organizations.

Writing helps Lindy to get her message out to more people. She has written for a women’s magazine, mom’s blog, and also writes a monthly newsletter with a large distribution.

Lindy loves her job. She runs a private nutrition practice where she practices “functional nutrition.” Functional medicine supports a person from the standpoint of what constitutes health and not disease. It seeks to get to the root of the problem instead of just treating symptoms. This approach takes longer, but the results are better and long-lasting.

Lindy’s patients have particularly benefited from her expertise in issues related to blood sugar, heart disease, weight control, the GI system and the thyroid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment